Our self-catering units are fully equipped with all the necessary kitchen appliances, utensils and crockery. Each house also has braai facilities and we supply free firewood. Bed linen (excluding towels) is also supplied.
We have four units available – as shown below – that can house from four to eighteen guests. Altogether, we can accommodate about 40 guests on the farm. Click on the images to view photographs of each unit.
Kaapsehoop Guest Farm can also accommodate groups of up to 40 guests. Long-term lodging is available on request. This is an ideal option for family reunions and functions, industrial contractors or team-building getaways. Activities can be facilitated on request. For more information, click here.
QUOTE FOR SAPPI SHUT MAY 2015
Our full board daily rate of R550.00 per person per day is fully inclusive:
• Accommodation: We do not skimp on night rest comforts.
• Full housekeeping: Our contractors have to do nothing but get out of bed, get the job done and have a great time with us.
• Full breakfast: Bottomless coffee / tea and fresh fruit juice, selection of cereals, yoghurt, toast and a main course.
• Lunchbox: We take special care to keep lunchboxes as filling, interesting and varied as possible, and slip in extra goodies that the men like to take home for their kids. We even pack our guests’ juice frozen so they can enjoy it chilled on site.
• Home cooked dinner: Menus are carefully planned to guarantee optimal nutrition, variety and enjoyment. We welcome and cater for special requests, eg. oxtail, liver, curry etc., and the weekly Friday or Saturday night braai has become a special contractors’ ritual on the farm. We always have enough for second – or even third – helpings.
• Laundry: Laundry is done daily during the week, and by arrangement over week-ends.
We can accommodate up to 50 contractors comfortably in the large 7-bedroom main guest house and other houses on the farm. Facilities include a pool table, DSTV, TV/DVD, hi-fi system, log fire and cash bar facilities.
We go the extra mile to ensure your guys have a home away from home when they have to sacrifice the comfort of their own for a Sappi project. Caring for them typically includes nursing them when they are sick, helping out with shopping, money transfers or dealing with other personal issues. We also cater for special dietary needs (medical or religious).
We look forward to welcoming and spoiling your crew. Please contact us for any special requests or further information.
Good luck with your project.
Wessel & Ira Naudé
A few entries in our guest book from previous Sappi guests.
(Can be verified on request)
“Almost a month, but what an enjoyable and exciting stay.Thanks a million. Can’t wait to be back.”
“May God bless you for your wonderful hospitality. You make everybody special and then it’s nice to go to work.”
“Thank you for the special food and looking after me when I was sick. You are a good doctor. God bless you.”
“As stated in the quote ‘Really a home away from home’… it is with sadness that we have to depart, but trust that friends made will last. With thanks from my whole team.”
(SMS received from a contractor who stayed with us the previous year) “Can’t stay with you this shut but can we visit. Miss you and Margaret and the braai.”
“The shut was bad. Never did I work on a shut like this. But thank God for the accommodation and food. That was first class. You must teach my wife to cook like you.”
“Best place I ever stayed for a shut. Only problem is that I got so fat.”
“…you have taken a huge load off my shoulders looking after my staff as you did. Thank you for that. We will not stay anywhere else. Thanks again.”
“All of us want to stay here when we work at Sappi again but will you make that chicken thing for us again next time? Thank you for the CD.”
“Great place. Peaceful. Good food, good people. Thank you. (See u soon).”
“An excellent place to be. A1 all the time. Keep it this way. No changes. It was great!!!! Thanx.”
“By al die anner plekke was ek net nog ‘n Capie wat niks kon doen behalwe eet en slaap nie. Hierdie is die eerste
plek waar ek soos ‘n mens gevoel het. God bless you and your staff, Ma”.
“Baie dankie vir die lekkerste kos en ‘n awesome blyplek. Gaan almal baie mis!”
“Dear Ira, Carina and crew. My stay at Kaapsehoop Guest Farm has been an absolute memorable stay. Thank you all for going the extra mile!”
“It was difficult for me the first time. But after few days I was feeling like I’m in home.”
“Woorde kan nie beskryf die waardering wat ons het vir al die tye wat ons hier kon spandeer nie. Ons was baie lank
van die huis af en vertrek hier met gemengde gevoelens, maar sal weer terugkom vir ‘n kuier as ons julle te veel mis.”
To make a booking for your Sappi shut crew with us call us on 082 823 5761 or click here and we’ll come back to you.